Cosmetic fillings are a popular dental procedure. They help to bring back the beauty of a person’s smile so they can feel confident again. Even if your teeth are healthy, they can have aesthetic remnants from the decay that hurt your smile.
But aside from giving you back the natural beauty of your teeth, cosmetic dentistry has many other benefits as well. Here are five of the top benefits you can take advantage of after getting cosmetic fillings.
- Additional support for your teeth. Decay-weakened teeth can sometimes benefit from cosmetic fillings because it gives more support. This is also true for crooked teeth. The more supported your teeth are, the stronger they’ll be.
- Your fillings are more durable. Advancements in technology have made the cosmetic filling that much more durable. You can have these fillings placed anywhere in the mouth without worrying about the composite material cracking. That includes your back teeth where you grind your food the most.
- Your cosmetic dentist can fix many problems. A cosmetic filling, also known as a composite filling, can be used in many ways. Although composite fillings can be used to treat normal cavities, the composite can also be used to fix worn teeth, fractured teeth, or a broken tooth.
- You don’t have to worry about expansion and contraction. Composite fillings have insulating properties. This helps to keep them from hot and cold temperatures so you don’t have to worry about your fillings weakening or cracking. This can sometimes happen with amalgam fillings, which are more prone to weakening under hot or cold temperatures.
- You can enhance your career. Cosmetic dentistry has many aesthetic benefits. But these aesthetics can also help to improve your mood and confidence. When you’re worried about how your teeth may look during an interview, you may underperform or not be confident. Composite fillings can improve your smile so you’re focused on bettering your career and not your teeth.
According to a survey by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, more than 50% of American adults over the age of 50 say that a person’s smile is the most attractive physical feature.
Cosmetic fillings can help give you confidence in your smile again so you can feel good about yourself, too. To learn more about cosmetic fillings, tooth reshaping, veneers, or teeth bonding, contact the dental offices of Dr. Derek Wall today.